There are so many opportunities to make a living buying and selling stuff. I wanted to share some information about a friend of mine who i met going to garage sales. He only sells on Amazon, that’s it. He doesn’t sell on eBay or craigslist. When he first told me this i was shocked, i told him he was missing on tons of opportunities but soon i started to see how much he was making. This is what he does.
- Has total software solution, many out there, that gives him a database of prices for amazon products. That is, sales rank, number of sellers selling the same product and how much it’s selling for.
- He only buys things with a UPC or ISBN period!!! He goes to a sale and anything that is new or even used in box with UPC he will scan with a pocket pc (very cheap dell axiom and scanner connected to it). If there is a margin for profit he buys it.
- When he gets home he groups all the items into a few categories describing condition. So he will have new, like new, slightly worn, and maybe 2 more.
- Now he has them in the catagories, the software will do this for you, he scans all the items and they are automatically processed for shipment.
- He packs everything up and ships it to amazon.
- Now Amazon holds everything for him and when anyone purchases a item, Amazon ships it for you.
Incredibly simple once you set it up, i will post later all the exact software he uses. There are a couple of benefits to have fulfilment by Amazon.
- Biggest reason is you save on shipping, for example if you bought a blender for $5 from a garage sale that was brand new and sold it yourself on Amazon, if would cost you around $15 to ship it but Amazon only gives you a certain amount that is much less then the actual shipping. Using fulfillment by Amazon doesn’t cost you anything.
- People that have the membership Amazon prime get the benefit of the membership on items shipped by Amazon.
- Saves space on inventory
- Saves time on fulfilling the orders yourself.
Great Deal, check it out!!!